THE RETAIL CLUB commits to protecting your privacy and considers all obligations pertaining to their clients’ data security to be a serious matter. We offer clarity and transparency when it comes to the data we collect and the way we use it.
The present confidentiality policy contains the following :
- The use of the data ;
- The data’s origin ;
- Data storage and management ;
- Divulgation of the concerned data ;
- Data retention period ;
All personal data is collected and processed in accordance with the law of December 8th, 1992 relating to the protection of privacy in terms of personal data processing and with the EU Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27th, 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulations -GDPR), which comes into force on May 25th , 2018.
THE RETAIL CLUB -Avenue Reine Astrid 2, 1440 Wauthier Braine is the « controller » of all personal data collected from Poker Jeanstore clients in terms of Data Protection Law.
1- Why do we use your personal data ?
We use your personal data in order to
-offer you products and services and to optimise them
-inform you about developments, actions, contests, events
-analyse our services and to improve your visit to our website as well as to process any associated complaints.
-comply with legal requirements : we are required by law to retain certain data for a predetermined period, for example in the context of tax audits.
-detect misuse and fraud and to guarantee the website’s security : for security reasons, your IP-address will in some cases be stored by the server.
2- What type of personal data do we process ?
We process data pertaining to you such as : name, first name, address, telephone number, email address, birthdate. This information is collected
- when you create an account on the Poker Jeanstore website
- when you fill out the contact form
- when you make purchases via Poker Jeanstore’s Online Boutique or at a Poker Jeanstore point of sales
- when you participate in surveys or contests
- Log file data (access logging file) : IP address, pages opened, clicks, date and time of your request, your browser type, your purchases, orders, return shipments, etc.
- when you access social media such as Facebook, we collect your personal data from Facebook.
- Data from professional clients and from suppliers or companies with whom we collaborate : besides the data mentioned above, we also collect business data such as the VAT-number or the company registration number, the contact data of the legal entity’s contact persons (name, position, phone number, …).
3- How can you manage, access or delete your data ?
The processing of your personal data is based on your consent.
In accordance with Privacy Protection Law and with the General Data Protection Regulation, you are entitled to :
· Inquire whether we dispose of any personal data pertaining to you and, if so, to inquire which particular data and the reason why we store/use it.
· Demand access to your personal data (generally referred to as « Right of access to one’s personal data »). This request allows you to receive a copy of the personal data pertaining to and of which we dispose and to check that we process this data lawfully.
· Demand rectification of the personal data we hold about you. This will allow you to rectify any incomplete or incorrect data we might have about you.
· Demand erasure of your personal data. This will allow you to delete or remove all your personal data we no longer require to process. You are also entitled to ask us to delete or remove your personal information when you have exercised your right to oppose to the processing of your data (mentioned below).
· Oppose to the processing of your personal data. You are also entitled to oppose in case we use your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
As for the newsletters, you can withdraw your consent at any given moment using the « Unsubscribe » button found at the bottom of each newsletter or by contacting us by email at the following address : email@example.com
· Request restriction of the processing of your personal data. This will allow you to ask us to suspend processing of your personal data, for example if you wish to check correctness or ask for the purpose of the processing.
· Revoke your consent. When you agreed to the collection, the processing and transfer of your personal data for certain objectives, you are entitled to withdraw consent to this data processing at any given moment.
You can exercise these rights by written request, either by email to the following address : firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post at the following address : THE RETAIL CLUB - Rue de Rixensart 26 - 1332 GENVAL. Complaints in case of any infringement to Belgian regulation relating to personal data protection on this website can be sent to the Belgian Privacy Commission at the following address : email@example.com.
If you created an account you can modify the following personal data on our website by yourself : name, first name, telephone number, birthdate.
4- Is the use of your personal data exclusive ?
As a general rule, THE RETAIL CLUB Ltd does not share its database with any third party.
However, in certain cases, THE RETAIL CLUB Ltd can send your data to third parties.
-Service providers and suppliers
THE RETAIL CLUB Ltd can send your data to companies or independent service providers, for example for carrying out certain infrastructural services or IT services, making payment transactions via our services, order delivery, direct marketing messages, performing analyse, etc. This only to the extent necessary for the execution of their mission and with proper guarantees from these companies regarding the access to and the potential use of this data.
- Ogone : A credit card payment will be stored by Ogone solely, who’s the main European PCI accredited payment operator. Our servers contain personal data but never data relating to payment methods or bank details.
-Authorities : Furthermore, THE RETAIL CLUB Ltd shall share your personal data when required by law, decree or ordinance or else by court decision.
-Social media : our online services can contain integrated social plugins for social websites such as Facebook and Twitter (as Facebook’s "Like" button or Twitter’s "Share" button). While using our online services, when you open a page containing social plugins, a direct connection with those social networks’ servers will be established. Information pertaining to your use of our online services (e.g. your visit to our Poker Jeanstore Online Boutique) can be shared with these social network sites, with which your user account can be connected. Even when you’re not a member of such social media websites, your IP address can potentially be shared and stored. Only those social media websites decide which data is communicated and stored via the social plugins, how they are used and for how long this data will be stored. For further information on data protection by social networks we refer you to the websites of those social media.
-Other websites : Our website contains links to other websites that are managed by other companies not affiliated to ours. As these websites have their own Privacy Protection Policies, we strongly recommend becoming acquainted with them when visiting these third-party sites. Our own Privacy Protection Policy does not apply to third party websites. We cannot be held liable for the data processing by those third parties.
5- For how long do we store your data ?
We store your data for as long as necessary in order to achieve the objectives for which this data is processed. To determine the appropriate conservation period, we take into account the quantity, the nature and the sensitivity of the personal data, the objectives for which we process it and our ability to achieve those objectives by other means. When we no longer have use for your personal data we will destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
6.- Do you have any further questions ?
If so, you can contact our customer service at the following address : firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to the following address : THE RETAIL CLUB - Rue de Rixensart 26 - 1332 GENVAL